more to look at!

3.9.11

i've been lacking in title creativity lately, but my battery is running low. well. this will have to do.

       These days, there is so much technology. STYX said it best in 1983, with their song, Mr. Roboto. "the problem's plain to see, too much technology.." 1983. they thought they had too much technology. ha! that was almost 30 years ago. my my my how times have changed. (not that i was alive then) :)
i think there should be a lot more deep thought and meditation, but there is never any time because iTunes is always on, out phones are kept right by our sides, and it is very hard to actually escape from all of this technology stuff.
knitting a nice scarf. duh
--> The other day, I was walking home from school. I had my iPod in, and then remembered that we talked about listening to the spirit in institute. I figured that i would turn my iPod off and just listen to the world around me as i walked home. holy cow. it was just what i needed. I could still hear the cars flying past me, but i could also hear the birds, and my own footsteps. and my thoughts. I COULD HEAR MYSELF THINK! it was very nice. it made me happy. i love the world.
Honestly, I wish i lived 50 years ago. life was so simple. no email, no texting, no Internet! They could just sit on the porch without having to worry about their phone or computer. that would be the life. And with all of this technology, and with it becoming more advanced, it will be difficult to just sit on my porch with my hubby when i am 80, talking and listening to the sound of nature.. but i'll do it.
well. that's my thoughts for today. have a good one, enjoy the picture of a grandma knitting. 
-raela 

1 comment:

i love that you're here. thank you for giving me feedback. :) have a lovely day.