more to look at!

21.12.11

Raela: A History

For those who know me really well, you know that i have a plethora of journals that i like to write in. No, I am not a good writer, but i love writing about my day. ...it could be because i have a terrible memory, and keeping a journal is like, the only way for me to remember what i did the day before. Not even kidding. I have the memory of a goldfish.
Ever since i was a wee baby, my parents have kept a little history of how i was when i was tiny. Now that i am home for Christmas break, I have read it, and let me tell you, i was a pretty awesome child.
As i take a journey thru my journals, (starting with the history that my parents wrote,) i invite you to come along, read with me, see what a nut i was. The words inside of the [brackets] are my comments right now. :) please enjoy.

I was born on Saturday, October 5, 1991.  I was born at 1:46 p.m.  I was born between the two Saturday sessions of General Conference. [how convenient]

July 11, 1992- When I take a bubble bath, I like to eat the bubbles. [i sure hope this was a normal thing for babies...]
i have the "deer in the headlights" look
June 19, 1993- For several months I have done something that I refer to as "being cute".  I lie down on the floor and put my hands up to my face and look up, smile, and say "cute". [you know it's adorable]
May 22, 1994- Today in Nursery, one of my friends was singing "Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star", and when she was done, I said "I can sing it better than you!" [wow. if i was a good singer, that statement would probably be true.. but it's not true. i think i'm tone deaf or something.]
1994. i'm in pink
1994- One of the funny things that I say is "hangabur".  That is what I call a hamburger. I say daddy like "Dodd". "That's where we goed." [such good english! well done Rae!]

1996- i got a "My Size Barbie" for Christmas! [i was five years old at the time]
  
i loved her
[those pajamas that i am wearing were my favorite. i actually still have them! true story. i still have the Barbie doll too, except her legs are broken off and her hair is disgusting. i can't get myself to throw her away though..]

I realize that there is a huge gap here. Nothing super awesome happened.. That's a lie. maybe I'm embarrassed to tell you. 

May 14, 2000- Well today is Mothers day I don’t like Barney anymore. [i officially stopped liking Barney when i was 8. On mother's day to be exact. that's everything written about that day. kinda a big deal.]

Ok, so i know there isn't much funny stuff in here, but hopefully it gets better. In reality, there are about 40 pages of my history stuff, and i wish i could just copy and paste it, but then you would know my entire life. I plan on making more entries like this. Perhaps from journals that are more recent. I started writing a journal when i was about eight. but yeah. i love journals. if you don't keep one, i urge you to start. they are so funny to read. 
 um... stay tuned to read more about my life. 
Coming soon: Journey thru the Journals: Part I (clever name, eh?)

Have a nice day, Rae. 

1 comment:

  1. you were born in between two sessions of conference.
    that explains your constant righteousness! :)

    ReplyDelete

i love that you're here. thank you for giving me feedback. :) have a lovely day.